Thursday, January 10, 2013

Salvador Dali

     Salvador Dali was born May 11, 1904, in Figueres, Spain. In 1922, when Dali was 18, he enrolled in Acadamia de San Fernando. He inspired by many styles of art while he was a student there, including cubism, surrealism, impressionism, and metaphysics. In 1923 Dali was suspended for criticizing his teacher and starting a riot among the students. Dali's art was shown in many films, including Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound in 1945. During World War I Salvador and his wife moved to the United States and stayed there until 1948. The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York gave him his own retrospective exhibit in 1941. This was followed by the publication of his autobiography, The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí, in 1942. In 1980, Dalí was forced to retire from painting due to a motor disorder that caused permanent trembling and weakness in his hands. He was not able to hold a paint brush, and lost the ability to express himself in the way he knew best. On January 23, 1989, he died of heart failure at the age of 84.
       I like Salvador Dali because a lot of his painting are out of the ordinary, interesting, and bizarre. He was very experimental with his work and I appreciate the styles he played around with through out this career. As another little random fact; Salvador Dali and I share a birth date.

 Salvador Dali 1904-1989

This painting appeals to me because of the abstract way he painted the legs of the animals and how it made them seem mystically big.
I like painting is probably one of the most known of Salvador Dalis'. I like this because when I see the appearance of the clock melting, it is pleasant on my artistic eye.
This painting is my favorite one by Salvador Dalli because I love the color, texture, and feel of it. The butterflies give me a childish fantasy like impression from this and it is exciting and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment